Skokie ranked high in this measurement of key economic development factors:
In July 2018, the Village conducted its triennial Nat ional Cit izen Survey (NCS), to gauge resident opinions on Village programs, services and policies. This survey is administered by the National Research Center to 1,600 randomly-selected Skokie residences and includes questions related to the business environment in Skokie, as a place to work, overall economic health of the community, shopping opportunities (usually highly rated!), employment opportunities, Downtown Skokie, and the overall quality of business and service establishments in
- 98% purchased goods and services in Skokie more than once a month.
- 92-94% rated the overall economic health of the Village as positive.
- 92% would recommend living/working in Skokie to someone who asked.
- 90-93% rated Village efforts to implement economic development initiatives to bring new businesses, create new jobs, and generate sales taxes as positive.
- 87-91% visited Downtown Skokie businesses more than once a month.
- 84% rated the overall quality of business and service establishments as positive.
- 83% rated Skokie as a positive place to work.