Benefits of a CDMO
Dr. David Brett of Vetter Pharma International noted in a recent article in Contract Pharma.
Today, many pharma and biotech companies frequently look to contract development manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) that have the high-level of expertise needed to help them achieve their goals and successfully cover all aspects of the processes involved. From early development support to commercial filling and secondary packaging, the accomplished CDMO can offer everything at a single source.
Full-service CDMOs offer customers a great deal of secondary packaging services. Typical services include labeling, packaging of user sets, packaging into blister packs and cartons as well as serialization services. Customer redesign for any commercial changes driven by situations such as patient friendliness, product safety, cost efficiency and country specific requirements is also offered. For syringes and cartridges including pens and auto-injectors, a customized assembly service for e.g. safety devices is available. Click for the article.
An experienced CDMO can help by:
- Selecting the most appropriate packaging material;
- Developing and implementing flexible, extendable, reproducible and efficient processes;
- Producing clinical test samples;
- Providing analytical and regulatory support;
- Scaling-up processes and technology transfers; and
- Aseptic filling of liquid or lyophilized drug substances in vials, syringes or cartridges.